Today we will discuss about CMC Vellore MBBS admission 2023 . Read this article till end to know the complete details about this college.
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore is a highly reputed medical college in India, known for its excellent academic standards and medical facilities. Admission to the MBBS program at CMC Vellore is highly competitive.This is one the first preference of medical aspirants after Govt. colleges.This is the reason that cut off is comparatively high.If we have a look on previous years of cut off ,minimum score required for open category candidate is more than 625.
Table of Contents
CMC Vellore MBBS admission 2023
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore offers a wide range of undergraduate, postgraduate, diploma, and doctoral programs in various fields of medicine, nursing, and allied health sciences. Here are the courses offered by CMC Vellore:
- MBBS (Bachelor of Medicine and Bachelor of Surgery)
- BSc Nursing
- BSc Nursing (Post-Basic)
- Bachelor of Audiology and Speech-Language Pathology (BASLP)
- Bachelor of Prosthetics and Orthotics (BPO)
- MD (Doctor of Medicine) in various specialties such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Radiodiagnosis, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, and Respiratory Medicine
- MS (Master of Surgery) in various specialties such as General Surgery, Orthopedics, Ophthalmology, Otorhinolaryngology (ENT), and Anatomy
- MCh (Master of Chirurgie) in Cardiothoracic Surgery, Neurosurgery, Urology, Plastic Surgery, and Pediatric Surgery
- DM (Doctorate of Medicine) in Cardiology, Neurology, Nephrology, Medical Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, Clinical Hematology, and Critical Care Medicine
- MSc in various specialties such as Biostatistics, Medical Physics, Clinical Nutrition, Clinical Embryology, and Medical Sociology
Diploma and Certificate Programs:
- Diploma in Nursing
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Anesthesia Nursing, Critical Care Nursing, Neuro-Nursing, Oncology Nursing, and Cardiovascular and Thoracic Nursing
- Post-Graduate Diploma in Medical Record Science, Hospital Management, Health Education and Promotion, and Clinical Pastoral Counseling
- Certificate courses in Medical Illustration, Medical Transcription, Clinical Pastoral Education, and Radiodiagnosis Technology
- PhD in various specialties such as Anatomy, Physiology, Biochemistry, Pharmacology, Microbiology, Pathology, Community Medicine, Forensic Medicine, General Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, Dermatology, Radiodiagnosis, Anesthesiology, Psychiatry, and Respiratory Medicine
The courses offered by CMC Vellore are highly reputed and recognized by various national and international bodies. For more information on the courses, admission process, and eligibility criteria, you can visit the official website of CMC Vellore or contact their admission office.
Students from all over the country to get admission in this top medical institution of Tamil Nadu.It an unaided,non capitation, Christian minority, educational Institution.Application form for session 2023-24 has been released.
Click here to visit official website .
This institute admits students on merit on an all India basis. There are total of 100 seats in undergraduate program MBBS.
Out of 100 seats 74 seats are reserved for Church sponsors,10 for its staff’s wards and only 16 for all India Quota.
CMC Vellore MBBS Fee
If we talk about fee per annum in CMC Vellore it is just INR 31,500 per annum.More important point about to admission in MBBS in CMC Vellore,medical aspirants have to apply separately on their website.
Form are generally available in the month of March.But counselling is done by Tamil Nadu state committee with other state Govt. and Private medical colleges.
To Visit Tamil nadu state counselling official website click here.
History of CMC Vellore Medical College
Christian Medical College (CMC) Vellore was established in 1918 by an American missionary, Dr. Ida S. Scudder. Dr. Scudder was born in India and grew up in a family of medical missionaries who served in the Arcot Mission in South India. She was inspired to become a doctor after witnessing the suffering of Indian women who had no access to medical care.
In 1895, Dr. Scudder returned to India after completing her medical education in the United States. She started a small clinic in Vellore, Tamil Nadu, to provide medical care to women and children. As the demand for medical care grew, she expanded the clinic and established the Mary Taber Schell Hospital in 1900, which later became CMC Vellore.
CMC Vellore was initially a small hospital with a few beds and a handful of staff. However, it grew rapidly over the years, and by the 1920s, it had become a major medical center in South India. In 1947, CMC Vellore became an autonomous institution under the Indian Companies Act, and in 1956, it was recognized as a medical college by the Government of India.
Over the years, CMC Vellore has become renowned for its excellent academic standards, research facilities, and medical care. It has also been at the forefront of several medical innovations, such as the development of the first artificial heart valve in India.
Today, CMC Vellore is a leading medical institution in India, known for its commitment to providing affordable and quality healthcare to people from all walks of life. It has a rich history and legacy of serving the community and remains dedicated to its mission of healing and serving humanity.
Hospitals Runs by CMC Vellore
You will be surprised to know that this society run over 225 hospitals, health centers and dispensaries throughout country.Many of which are situated in remote rural areas. The purpose of the Christian Medical College therefore is to train dedicated doctors to manage, run and provide health care throughout the nation especially rural areas.
The motto of the institution is: “Not To Be Ministered Unto, But To Minister”.In 2018, the Christian Medical College Vellore proudly celebrated the completion of a hundred years of Medical Education.
To download the prospectus click here.
Christian Medical College(CMC) medical college Vellore,Tamil Nadu aims to bring top quality health care to under privileged people of rural as well as urban area. Their aims is to develop, through education and training, compassionate, professionally excellent, ethically sound, servant-leaders specially in health care sector.
CMC is ranked in the top reputed medical colleges in India and offers not only MBBS (undergraduate) but also PG and super specialty courses in medicine, nursing as well as allied health sciences .
Feel free to contact us @ 8826-86-11-47/93-50-990-408 for counselling and admission related inquiry in MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB and MBBS.You can call us for any query and questions related to NEET UG/PG examination .We are ready to assist you anytime.
You can also visit our You Tube channel by clicking here.
Hope this article “CMC Vellore MBBS admission 2023” will be helpful for all medical aspirants.