Today we will discuss about D Pharmacy Admission process.D.Pharma and B.Pharma Admission for session 2020-21.
What is D.Pharma ?
D.Pharma is a career-oriented program in the medical field of pharmaceutical sciences, designed to familiarize students with the basic concepts of pharmaceutical science. The aim of D.Pharma syllabus is to prepare candidates with the mandatory skills and academic knowledge required for entry-level positions in retail pharmacies as well as pharmaceutical industries.
Eligibility of D.Pharma
Listed below are the minimum criteria which candidates interested in pursuing the course are required to fulfill in order to be eligible to apply for the course.
- 10+2 level of education in any stream from a recognized educational board like CBSE or equivalent.
- A minimum average marks of 50% (45% for SC/ST/OBC candidates) at the 10+2 level.
Apart from choosing higher education courses like B.Pharma, D.Pharma course qualified students may start practicing as pharmacists anywhere in country. Some of the major recruiting areas are:
- Government/private hospitals
- Clinics Government/private
- Mohalla Clinic (eg. Delhi)
- Community health centers
- Private drug stores
- The people willing to work in high thriving and evergreen health sector, must engage in the study of pharmacy courses like D.Pharma, B.Pharma & M.Pharma. They offer great career opportunities including:
- Consultant Pharmacists
- Clinical Pharmacist
- Dispensary Manager
- Dispensary Pharmacist
- Community Pharmacist
- Hospital Pharmacist
- Medicines Safety Manager
- Medicines Management Technician
- Pharmacy Assistant
- Senior Clinical Pharmacists
Other than working for hospitals or private drug stores, such professionals can even start their own private drug stores/shops, with access to decent financial resources and entrepreneurship skills.
D Pharmacy college pass outs work in pharmaceutical companies at divisions like process control, manufacturing, quality control, and marketing. While in the marketing sector, they may work for firms involved in pharmaceutical products marketing. They may also work as:
- Medical representatives, medical transcriptions, technical supervisors.
- Chemists, pharmacists, quality analysts, medical representatives.
- Production executives, scientific officers in private firms.
A Bachelor of Pharmacy (abbreviated B Pharm or PharmB or BS Pharm) is an undergraduate academic degree in the field of pharmacy.
Following criteria are there to get seat of B.Pharma.
Applicant must be at least 17 years of age at time of admission.
He/she is requires to complete the Higher Secondary Certificate (HSC), or 10+2 exam in the science stream.
Necessary subjects are biology/ mathematics, chemistry and physics.
Admission requirements are same for all institutions, so in order to be considered a top candidate for admission, it is also important to get a high rank in the state or institutional entrance examination. Lateral entry is also possible.If a candidate wants to get admitted to the 2nd year of B.Pharma (i.e. lateral entry), he/she must have passed D.Pharm from a PCI approved institute.
click here to visit official website of Haryana State Board Of Technical Education.
Feel free to contact us @ 8826-86-11-47/93-50-990-408 for counselling and admission related inquiry in MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB and MBBS.You can call us for any query and questions related to NEET UG/PG examination .We are ready to assist you anytime.
You can also visit our You Tube channel by clicking here.
Hope this article”D Pharmacy Admission process” will be helpful for all those medical aspirants whoo are looking for admission in D.Pharmacy and B.Pharmacy