This week we are getting hundreds of queries on “NEET UG MBBS Seat Allotment Process through counselling ”. So we decided to write a brief article solely on this NEET Seat Allotment process.
And if you are also the one that has this query or just got the interest to know after seeing at the title then this article is a must-read for you. Read the article till end to know each and everything about this process.
There are 2 types of seats allotted for all medical colleges and universities in India.
NEET UG Counselling for AIQ seats- Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) conducts the counselling procedure on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee.
2. State Quota (contain 85% seats)- Remaining 85% seats in all government medical colleges and 100 % seats of private colleges/University in India comes under State Quota.
NEET Counselling for State Quota seats- Counselling for these seats done by States themselves.
For all the candidates who are going to appear in the NEET UG 2022 entrance exam ,which is likely to be scheduled on July 17,2022 (Sunday), it is mandatory for them to qualify it for getting a seat in any of the medical college of India or abroad. NEET UG 2022 result is expected on September 7,2022.
If we talked about last year NEET UG entrance exam ,it was condcuted on September 12 (Sunday), it is mandatory for them to qualify it for getting a seat in any of the medical college of India or abroad.
Note: Students who cleared the NEET UG 2022 as per NTA cutoff will be eligible to take part in counselling .
|Category||Percentile||NEET UG Cut off|
Seat allotment is done by the counselling procedure, in which 15% of seats come from All India Quota also known as AIQ seats.
Deemed universities, Central Universities, ESIC and AFMC institute’s 100% seats come under All India Quota seats.
Plus, all the Government medical college’s 15% seats (out of total) are available for All India Quota seat allotment.
Counselling procedures for AIQ seats are done by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee.
On the other side remaining 85% seats comes under State Quota seats and after 15% seat allotment for AIQ remaining 85% seats of all government medical colleges reserved for this quota.
In addition to this 100 % seats of all private medical colleges and private universities comes under this.
The counselling and allotment procedure for State quota seats are done by their respective states only.
Students who want to participate in NEET counselling need to follow these steps of the process.
New Candidates registration
NEET candidates who are qualified for counselling need to go to the MCC official website in order to register themselves.
Here are the steps
You need to enter the following details in the New Registration Form
And then create a password combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
Then submit, after that you will get OTP on your mobile number for verification. So kindly make sure that your mobile phone is working condition and in addition to this you are having valid e-mail id.
That’s all, your registration process is completed .
Time to go on the next step
Now login to your newly registered account using the user id (which is your roll no.) and same password that you used for registration.
Once you logged in, click on “Choice Available” option
The system will automatically show you all the available choices for you.
Check the list of colleges and click on “Choice Filling”, then on + symbol to select the colleges.
After this step done, the allotment depend on basis of,
Further NEET allotment process is mentioned below,
Read this post to know more about- Mop Up Round in NEET Counselling & Eligibility for Mop Up Round
There are many new things added and changed for this year of NEET seat allotment.
Let me explain them one by one.
Feel free to contact us @ 8826-86-11-47/93-50-990-408 for counselling and admission related inquiry in MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB and MBBS. You can call us for any query and questions related to NEET UG/PG examination .We are ready to assist you anytime.
You can also visit our You Tube channel by clicking here.
This post was last modified on October 3, 2022 12:31 pm