This week we are getting hundreds of queries on “NEET UG MBBS Seat Allotment Process through counselling ”. So we decided to write a brief article solely on this NEET Seat Allotment process.
And if you are also the one that has this query or just got the interest to know after seeing at the title then this article is a must-read for you. Read the article till end to know each and everything about this process.
NEET UG MBBS Seat Allotment counselling Process | How MBBS seats are allotted ?
There are 2 types of seats allotted for all medical colleges and universities in India.
- All India Quota (contain 15% seats)– Deemed universities, central universities, ESIC and AFMC Institute’s 100% seats plus 15% of all Government medical colleges across India are available for All India Quota seat allotment.
NEET UG Counselling for AIQ seats- Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) conducts the counselling procedure on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee.
2. State Quota (contain 85% seats)- Remaining 85% seats in all government medical colleges and 100 % seats of private colleges/University in India comes under State Quota.
NEET Counselling for State Quota seats- Counselling for these seats done by States themselves.
For all the candidates who are going to appear in the NEET UG 2022 entrance exam ,which is likely to be scheduled on July 17,2022 (Sunday), it is mandatory for them to qualify it for getting a seat in any of the medical college of India or abroad.
If we talked about NEET UG 2021 entrance exam ,scheduled on September 12,2021(Sunday), it is mandatory for them to qualify it for getting a seat in any of the medical college of India or abroad.
Note: Students who cleared the NEET UG 2021 as per NTA cutoff will be eligible.
NEET UG cut off 2021,2020,2019,2018,2017
|Category||percentile||NEET UG Cutoff|
NEET UG Counselling procedure
Seat allotment is done by the counselling procedure, in which 15% of seats come from All India Quota also known as AIQ seats.
Deemed universities, Central Universities, ESIC and AFMC institute’s 100% seats come under All India Quota seats.
Plus, all the Government medical college’s 15% seats (out of total) are available for All India Quota seat allotment.
Counselling procedures for AIQ seats are done by the Directorate General of Health Sciences (DGHS) on behalf of the Medical Counselling Committee.
On the other side remaining 85% seats comes under State Quota seats and after 15% seat allotment for AIQ remaining 85% seats of all government medical colleges reserved for this quota.
In addition to this 100 % seats of all private medical colleges and private universities comes under this.
The counselling and allotment procedure for State quota seats are done by their respective states only.
How medical seats are allotted in NEET ?
Students who want to participate in NEET counselling need to follow these steps of the process.
New Candidates registration
NEET candidates who are qualified for counselling need to go to the MCC official website in order to register themselves.
Here are the steps
- Go to official site of MCC
- Click on UG medical counselling
- Click on “New Registration” on left side menu
You need to enter the following details in the New Registration Form
- NEET UG Application Number
- NEET UG Roll Number
- Name of the Candidate
- Date of Birth
And then create a password combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
Then submit, after that you will get OTP on your mobile number for verification. So kindly make sure that your mobile phone is working condition and in addition to this you are having valid e-mail id.
That’s all, your registration process is completed .
Time to go on the next step
Login and Fill choices for NEET Counselling
Now login to your newly registered account using the user id (which is your roll no.) and same password that you used for registration.
Once you logged in, click on “Choice Available” option
The system will automatically show you all the available choices for you.
Check the list of colleges and click on “Choice Filling”, then on + symbol to select the colleges.
After this step done, the allotment depend on basis of,
- The score you got on NEET UG result
- Choice filled
- Reservation criteria
- Seats availability
- And others
Further NEET allotment process is mentioned below,
- If the candidate is eligible he/she will be allotted a seat in the first round, they have two options either they can accept the allotted seat or refuse.
- Candidates who accepted the allotted seat have to download NEET allotment from MCC site by entering their login credentials.
- After the allotment, the admission process begins and ends in 2 to 4 days so candidates need to contact the college and submit their documents along with the downloaded NEET allotment form.
- After is the admission in allotted college, student details sent to the DGHS by college and admission letter granted.
- If the seat is not allotted in the first round for the student, then they have the option to take round 2 to choose free exit. There is no amount will be deducted as a free exit option.
- For the round 2 students have to refill their choices with the remaining options of colleges.
- After round 2 who did not get allotment will be automatically eligible for Mock up round.
Read this post to know more about- Mop Up Round in NEET Counselling & Eligibility for Mop Up Round
What’s new in NEET UG 2022 seat allotment ?
There are many new things added and changed for this year of NEET seat allotment.
Let me explain them one by one.
- From year 2020 MCC also conducted NEET counselling of all AIIMS for 1949 MBBS seats and Two JIPMER institutes having capacity of 250 MBBS seats.
- As the number of colleges are increased, so this year than 302 Government medical colleges are participating under AIQ (All India Quota) except 49 deemed medical colleges.
- As the number of colleges are increased so the seat numbers also increased.
- Some colleges- Vardhman Mahavir Medical College and Safdarjung Hospital (VMMC and SJH), ESIC and Delhi colleges will be marked as central colleges so their 15% seats are reserved for AIQ and 85% for the state.
Feel free to contact us @ 8826-86-11-47/93-50-990-408 for counselling and admission related inquiry in MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB and MBBS. You can call us for any query and questions related to NEET UG/PG examination .We are ready to assist you anytime.
You can also visit our You Tube channel by clicking here.