NRI & Management quota PG medical admission: Today we will discuss about NRI & management quota PG medical admission 2021. NRI quota could be a good option to get a demanding branch in a highly reputed medical college even with a low NEET PG score.
Although options of management seats are also there in private and deemed medical colleges but in that category competition is little bit high in comparison to the NRI quota.
Good thing is that you can change category from Indian to NRI in the later stage of counseling also. MCC will release schedule to submit the relevant documents on the given mail-id and after verification of documents it will release final list on its official website. Click here to visit official website of MCC PG counselling.
If you have not applied as NRI and applied as Indian at the time of form filling and after the declaration of result you find that chances are little bit less to get a good branch in the college of your interest then you can change your category by depositing relevant documents to the counseling authority.
And after reading all your will know all required information related to NRI & Management quota PG Medical admission.
In this article, you will know,
- NEET PG 2021 exam and important dates
- Candidates come under the NRI quota for NEET PG 2021
- NRI & Management quota students eligibility
- Minimum Qualifying Percentile for NRI & Management Quota
- NEET PQ 2021 Counselling Process
- Documents Required at the time of admission in the college for PG admission
- And many more things about NEET PG 2021
NEET PG 2021 exam and important dates
NEET PG official website announced the important date for the exam, as per the announcement application form available from 23rd February 2021 and the last date to apply the online form is 15th March 2021.
Correction window will be opened to do the editing in your form from March 19 to March 21, 2021.
And NEET PG 2021 exam will be conducted on 18th April 2021(Sunday).
|NEET PG 2021 -Important Dates|
|1||Availability of application form||23rd February 2021 onwards|
|2||Online Application||23-02-2021 to 15-03-2021|
|3||Date of Examination||18th April 2021|
|4||NEET PG Result 2021||Expected by 31st May 2021|
Candidates come under NRI Quota criteria
These Students/candidates come under the NRI quota as they are meeting below following criteria,
- Indian Origin (POI), Overseas Citizens of India (OCI), and their children are considered as NRI .Click here to see the latest norms of admission for OCI candidates
- Students who are children of State or Central Government employees, who are staying abroad on deputation period are considered as NRI.
- Students must belong of Indian origin and live or study in a foreign country.
- Indian citizens’ children staying abroad for business or employment are also considered as NRI.
- Candidates who are born abroad but the parents are of Indian origin fall under the NRI category.
These criteria fulfilling students apply for the NRI quota, Now let’s see what are their eligibility to get admission under the NRI quota in India.
NRI Quota Eligibility for NEET PG Admissions
- Students must fulfill the above NRI quota criteria
- Applicants must be holding a valid passport
- The seats offered under NRI Quota will only be allocated to bonafide NRI’s
- Candidates must have qualified NEET exam
- Candidates applying under NRI sponsorship must have a real blood relation to the financial supporter, be it the mother, sister, father, brother, aunt or uncle.
Minimum Qualifying Marks NEET PG Admission 2020
NEET PG cut off marks reduced for MD and MS Medical courses
|General Category (UR/EWS)||275||366||340|
(Including PWD of SC/ST/OBC)
NEET PG 2021 Counselling Process
NEET PG 2021 Counseling is programmed on all India basis by the MCC for all India 50% quota seats.
The admissions will be only allowed on fulfillment of all eligibility in order to get admission followed by counseling.
Every state/UT/Institutions will publish merit list(s) for admission in 50% of state quota seats. Counseling for admission in the State Quota seats will be conducted by the concerned authorities of the State/UT.
As we know that counseling schedule will be released after the declaration of the NEET PG 2021 result. And the result is expected by May 31, 2021.
But once the results declared, the Counselling process begins.
NEET PG 2021 Counseling Procedure
The counseling procedure will be completed after the following steps:
Step 1: Registration
- Visit the official website link
- Click on the “New Registration” link.
- Register yourself for the counseling.
- Candidates should remember the password that they have created at the time of registration.
- Pay the counseling fee, i.e. Rs. 1000 (For AIQ /Central University UR candidates) & Rs. 500 (For SC/ST/OBC/PH) and Rs. 5000 (For Deemed University candidates).
- Candidates also have to pay the tuition fee which is refunded if no seats will be allotted to the candidates. The tuition fees are:
- For AIQ/Central University UR candidates: Rs. 25000.
- candidates from SC/ST/OBC/PH: Rs. 10,000.
- For Deemed: Rs 2,00,000 for all irrespective of his/her category
Step 2: Choice Filling
- After online registration, candidates have to fill in their choice of subjects and Institutions/colleges in order of preference.
- Once the choice is filled in, it can be modified before locking it.
- During the choice locking period, it is necessary to lock the choices to get a print of your submitted choices.
- If the candidate does not lock the choice submitted by them, submitted choices by them will be automatically locked.
- Take a print of the filled choices for future use.
- You can fill in as many choices as per your preferences.
Step 3: Seat Allotment
- After choice filling, the seat allotment process will commence
- The seat will be allotted to the candidates on the basis of filled choices, availability of seats, category, etc.
- The result will be declared on the last week of June 2021 (For Round 1).
Step 4: Reporting
Candidates allotted seats will be required to join the allotted college/course within the given time limit.
After the last date, no admission will be allowed.
State Quota Merit List
The seats in the state quota or in the deemed/private universities will be filled on the basis of the NEET PG 2021 result. While preparing the merit list of the aspirants from the state quota, many perimeters will be taken into consideration such as the number of seats, reserve category, subcategory, final eligibility, state category rank, and other reservation policies.
On the basis of this merit list by all State/UT/Institutions, the final merit list will be published on the official website of the state. There is no reservation policy for offering admissions. The seats will, however, be reserved for some categories.
Some seats have been reserved for the EWS category also.
Here are the State PG medical counseling Process
NEET PG 2021 Important Points to Remember
There are three rounds of counseling for Deemed and Central Universities followed by one Final Mop Up round at the College Level for stray vacancies if any.
From 2018 onwards, Andhra Pradesh & Telangana students are also eligible for All India Quota Counseling.
But still, students of J & K are not eligible for All India Quota.
Aspirants, who have not registered for Round 1 can also do registration for Round 2.
If applicants apply for both AIQ and for Deemed University, they have to pay only the higher fee i.e. of Deemed University Rs. 205000.
In case, a student has been allotted a seat during Round 1,
He/she is supposed to join allotted institution/college and complete the admission process, only then the candidate can exercise an option to upgrade his/her seat in the next round (2nd Round).
Documents Required at the time of admission in college:
Aspirants are advised not to forget to bring the following documents in original on the day of admission.
- One year Internship Certificate(Must be completed on or before June 30, 2021)
- Category Certificate (If applicable)
- High School/Higher Secondary Certificate/Birth Certificate as proof of date of birth.
- Qualifying Degree Mark sheet (MBBS/BDS)
- MBBS/BDS Degree Certificate/Provisional Certificate
- NEET PG 2021 Result/Rank Letter
- NEET PG 2021 Admit Card
- Identity Proof
- Permanent/Provisional Registration Certificate provided by MCI or State Medical Council
To see the List of all candidates eligible for admission under the NRI quota, click here.
Feel free to contact us @ 8826-86-11-47/93-50-990-408 for counseling and admission-related inquiry in MD/MS/PG Diploma/DNB and MBBS. You can call us for any queries and questions related to NEET UG/PG examination. We are ready to assist you anytime.
Click here to visit the official website.
Share this Infographic:
Embed this infographic into your website- copy and paste the code below
<center><img src'https://1ng8xsrywey2x.cdn.shift8web.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/02/nri-quota-neet-pg.png'><br /><a href='https://getmbbsadmission.com/nri-quota-pg-medical-admission/'>NRI & Management quota PG medical admission 2021- Know Everything!</a></center>
FAQ related to NRI quota medical admission
If you are eligible for NRI quota and having document then you can take part in counselling and grab a seat.
To get a seat reserved for NRI ,an applicant is supposed to participate either through All India Quota or state counseling.
Click here to visit official website of all states.
Yes,NRI quota is there in both NEET UG and NEET PG .In fact this may be game changer to get a good seat even in low NEET score.
Click here to watch the video and know the truth.
First of all get ready all the documents required for the same. Call us for more details.
In management quota any Indian resident can take admission but NRI quota seats are reserved for Non-Resident Indian.
Fee of MBBS course in Kasturba medical college Manipal is $51,000 per annum.
NRI stands for Non resident Indians.
If a person take the full responsibility in the terms of complete course duration fee and other expenses, then he/she is sponsor for that person.